Network for Peace Through Dialogue Seeks Program Director, Web Manager
The Network for Peace through Dialogue (www.networkforpeace.com) is a small non-profit organization which was incorporated in 1990. It is dedicated toward promoting dialogue, a necessary step in bringing about a peaceful society. The Network is currently seeking to fill two positions: a part-time Web Manager and a half-time Program Director to manage three of its dialogue programs beginning early in 2008. The Web Manager would work approximately 5 hours/week at a salary of $20-25/hr, maintaining the Network For Peace website using Dreamweaver. For more information about desired qualifications, please email Kathleen Kanet at email@example.com. For information on the Program Director position, read on…
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director will organize, promote and evaluate each of the programs listed below. He/she will meet weekly with the other program staff. He/she will be expected to participate to whatever degree possible in certain Network-wide activities such as the annual Recognition Night and particular Board of Directors activities.
The programs are:
Living Room Dialogues – bimonthly forums on critical social issues and a newly developing “Rewarding Conversations” which is exploring methods for in depth interactions among people with divergent views.
Shaping our Future – an online dialogue for people from various geographical locations. The most recent two to three month session focused on migration. Evaluation included the frequency of interactions, a qualitative analysis related to principles of “High Quality Dialogue” as defined by the Network, and tracking the development of the subject.
Dialogue Facilitators Networking Group – a new program in 2008, engaging six to ten dialogue practitioners in six interactive sessions and producing a handbook from the outcomes of the exchanges. This is a follow-up program for the conference titled “Why Dialogue? (and when and how and where?)” which the Network sponsored in June 2007.
Program Administration/Operations include:
- gathering participants
- coordinating meeting spaces
- publicizing programs
- providing note takers and facilitators as needed
- reporting and evaluating the programs
- Recommending program development and improvement
- assisting with grant writing and managing program accounts
- collaborating with peers in the field, and the Network’s Advisors and Board of Directors
- Representing the program at assigned meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Carrying out other activities in support of the organization as a whole.
Desired Qualifications include:
- program coordination or management experience
- strong interest in and experience with dialogue techniques
- strong writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- sound judgment and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- high proficiency with office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- internet abilities including advanced search techniques/expertise to gather online resources
Work hours and conditions:
- 20 hours per week constitutes the work agreement yet because of the evening meetings and special events there is some flexibility in the scheduling.
- Most of the work will be done during business hours at the Network’s home office.
- The Program Director will keep a record of hours.
Compensation and Benefits
This a salaried position with an annual half-time salary of $22,500 with an additional $2,500 toward health benefits if needed. There are three weeks paid vacation, sick and/or personal time, and holiday time.
Please submit, by email, mail or fax, a resume and cover letter to:
Network for Peace through Dialogue
240 East 93rd Street, #14-B
New York, NY 10128-3766