NBCUniversal Foundation Invites Applications for 21st Century Solutions Initiative
The NBCUniversal Foundation is accepting applications from nonprofits working to address emerging and ongoing community challenges.
Through its annual 21st Century Solutions initiative, the foundation will award thirty grants totaling $1.2 million for initiatives in the areas of civic engagement, education, environment, jobs and economic empowerment, media arts, and technology!
To be eligible, organizations must be tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and serve populations in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas-Fort Worth, the San Francisco Bay Area, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, San Diego, Washington, D.C., or Connecticut.
See the NBCU Foundation website for eligibility and application guidelines.
To apply, applicants should visit the Web site of the NBC affiliate that serves the metropolitan area nearest them:
- Bay Area: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Chicago: http://www.nbcchicago.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Connecticut: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Dallas-Fort Worth: http://www.nbcdfw.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Los Angeles: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- New York City: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Philadelphia: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- San Diego: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- South Florida: http://www.nbcmiami.com/21stCenturySolutions/
- Washington, D.C.: http://www.nbcwashington.com/21stCenturySolutions/
Here’s the description of the Bay Area opportunity…
Want the chance for your non-profit to win $50,000?
The NBCUniversal Foundation is partnering with NBC Bay Area to launch 21st Century Solutions, a grant challenge for local non-profit organizations implementing new and innovative programs. Now through July 31, we’re looking for fresh ideas that are moving our community forward. The first place grant recipient will receive a $50,000 grant and two runners-up will each receive $25,000, totaling $100,000 in awards for the Bay Area.
The competitive grant program is open to eligible 501(c)(3) organizations that are implementing progressive programs that address emerging or ongoing community challenges in the areas of Civic Engagement, Education, Environment, Jobs and Economic Empowerment, Media Arts and Technology. Our goal is to highlight organizations addressing our community’s issues in new and creative ways.
Please review the grant program’s eligibility requirements to ensure your organization falls within the guidelines before completing the application. Click here to apply.