Important letter from NCDD’s Board of Directors
Please take note of this important message from NCDD’s Board of Directors, launching our Summer Fund Drive and outlining some new directions NCDD is taking. – Sandy
Dear NCDD Supporter,
Since 2002, the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation has served as a hub, a resource clearinghouse, and a facilitative leader for our dialogue and deliberation community. Together we have been the catalyst for extraordinary connection and progress across our field. NCDD is at a critical juncture, however, as foundation support has declined in recent years. We are turning to you to help ensure that NCDD remains viable and continues to serve these valuable roles.
We hope you’ll consider NCDD’s accomplishments and potential and then follow this link, www.ncdd.org/funddrive, to support the work we’re all committed to…
- NCDD supports and connects the growing dialogue and deliberation community — our conferences, list serves, blogs, forums and resources offer a unique and valuable way to expand and enhance the work of practitioners as they engage and mobilize people across partisan, ethnic, and other divides.
- Online, we have recently made our most respected and used resource–our website–simpler and more user-friendly. Now at ncdd.org, the new site has two must-see features: our Community News blog, where we keep you updated on some of the most important happenings and opportunities in our field, and our Resource Center, which boasts over 2,500 discussion guides, videos, evaluation tools, reports, books, and other tools.
- The site also provides access to the wider public through our Beginner’s Guide, our Engagement Streams Framework, the 2010 Resource Guide on Public Engagement, and other essential resources.
- Through last fall’s five regional events, we continued convening and connecting the phenomenal people doing dialogue and deliberation work across the country. In all, more than 700 people took part in the events, which were held in Austin, Boston, Denver, Portland, and Cupertino. We hope to continue that valuable role with a regional event in DC this fall and a larger national conference in Seattle in fall 2012!
- Lately NCDD has moved in several critical directions to position ourselves for the future. Our Board has many new faces and an entirely new role, working hands-on to aggressively pursue new financial opportunities and make sure that NCDD survives and thrives.
- We have submitted our 501(c)3 application for federal tax-exempt status–a move we hope will enable your contributions, membership dues, and other payments to be tax-deductible, and enable us to receive grant funds without working through a fiscal sponsor.
- In the past month, we have updated our membership structure as part of the need to make the organization more sustainable while retaining our commitment to inclusiveness and accessibility.
NCDD has already made a major impact in the field, but there is so much more that can and should be done. If you believe in NCDD’s mission and find value in the resources, connections and opportunities we provide, we urge you to show your support by making a donation during our 3-week fund drive. All contributions are welcome, whether they are $1,000 or $25.
So, please visit www.ncdd.org/funddrive to make your donation today! Help us reach our $10,000 goal, and thank you so much, in advance, for supporting NCDD.
Marla Crockett, Chair
Paul Alexander, Immediate Past Chair
Lucas Cioffi, Treasurer
Courtney Breese, Secretary