5 Core Principles that inform our approach to change
I came across this wonderful text on the Everyday Democracy site the other day. This brief list of 5 principles is so great, and useful for so many in our field…
Sound principles and effective process design are the keys to achieving social and political changes in people, organizations, communities, and institutions. This page describes what we have learned about effective process design. These processes are informed by the following principles:
Core principles that inform our approach to change
- Involve everyone. Demonstrate that the whole community is welcome and needed.
- Embrace diversity. Reach out to all kinds of people.
- Share knowledge, resources, power, and decision making.
- Combine dialogue and deliberation. Create public talk that builds understanding and explores a range of solutions.
- Connect deliberative dialogue to social, political, and policy change.