Become a Member of NCDD!
NCDD’s members include more than 2,200 practitioners, organizations, researchers, public administrators, activists and students dedicated to solving today’s toughest problems through honest dialogue, quality deliberation and collaborative action. If this sounds like you or your organization, please join us today!
The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation represents a “big tent” under which many approaches and streams of practice in dialogue and deliberation have found much-needed support, ideas, and camaraderie.
By joining NCDD, you are becoming part of an amazing network you can tap into to share resources, get input on ideas, publicize events, obtain advice from seasoned colleagues, and more. Most importantly, through NCDD our members have a unique opportunity to work with other innovators to strengthen and unite the dialogue & deliberation (D&D) community.
Benefits of NCDD Membership
- Gain recognition and exposure within the D&D community and post information about your resources and events, news about your programs, and commentaries about your experiences.
- Listing in the member map and directory.
- Access to NCDD events, programs and conference calls that introduce you to the latest innovations in our field and help you get to know more movers-and-shakers in this work.
- Networking with peers and developing mutually supportive relationships.
- Awareness of news, opportunities, events and resources that can help you be more effective.
Ready to join or renew?
- Join as an individual member
- Join as an organizational member
- Already a member? Renew or upgrade here.
NCDD Membership Levels
NCDD welcomes all who are committed to dialogue and deliberation to join us, whether or not you are able or willing to pay membership dues. At NCDD, we don’t require dues. Anyone can join as a non-dues paying member and receive all of the benefits mentioned above, including access to all the resources on NCDD’s website.
If you’d like to join at a dues-paying membership level, know that your dues go directly to support NCDD’s work and ongoing sustainability. You’ll also get some nice additional perks (see below). NCDD’s dues-paying membership levels and annual dues amounts are:
- Supporting Member – $75
- Sustaining Member – $150
- Student / Young Professional Member – $30
- Organizations – $200
Additional benefits for dues-paying NCDD members
- Our supporting members get larger icons on the NCDD member map at www.ncdd.org/map.
- Discounts our partners are offering on their trainings and courses (listed at www.ncdd.org/discounts). These are some of the best educational programs out there in facilitation, public engagement and conflict resolution. Organizational members can send up to three people to these programs at the discounted rate.
- Discounts on registration to NCDD’s events.
- Mention of your member type when we feature you on the NCDD site (on the blog, in the directory, on the map, etc.), so your peers can see you’re supporting NCDD.
- Though we generally open up our programs and activities to all members, when there is a need to stay small, we sometimes limit participation to dues-paying members only.
- Helping to ensure that NCDD can continue to develop a vibrant, supportive, collaborative community of practice for those who work in the areas of dialogue, deliberation and public engagement.
Can organizations or individuals from outside the U.S. join the coalition?
Yes! We’re proud of the fact that as of May 2014, NCDD members hailed from 54 countries. We have nearly 300 members from outside of the U.S. Zoom out on the map at www.ncdd.org/map to get a sense of our global membership.
What if I’m already a member and I want to become a dues-paying member?
Complete the quick form at www.ncdd.org/renew if you are an NCDD Member (non-dues) and would like to upgrade to a Supporting ($75/year), Sustaining ($150), Student/Young Professional ($30), or Organizational Membership ($200).
What is expected of NCDD members?
By joining NCDD, you or your organization are pledging your commitment to fostering the effective use of dialogue and deliberation, and to helping strengthen and unite the growing dialogue and deliberation community.
Whether or not you contribute dues, you are asked to consider what else you can contribute to NCDD. Can you keep us informed about your work and your learnings by submitting periodic posts for the blog and resource center? Can you get involved in conference planning, or in another working group? Can you help keep our resources updated, or start useful discussions on the NCDD discussion lists?
Membership in NCDD implies collaboration. You are joining a coalition of people and organizations that, collectively, are better able to make a difference in this field of practice, and in the world.
How do I submit payment for membership?
The join forms and renewal form include a choice to pay by check or by credit card via PayPal (if dues are owed). You can also refer to these payment instructions for further details or to submit a payment or donation any time.
Can I contribute more or make a one-time donation?
Why, of course! NCDD is a 501c3 non-profit and we depend on contributions from our members and supporters to ensure that we continue to exist and keep offering incredible resources and connections. If you would like to make a contribution to NCDD, you can do so on our donations page.
Thanks for your interest in NCDD!