Become a Member of NCDD!
NCDD’s members include more than 2,000 practitioners, organizations, researchers, public administrators, activists and students dedicated to solving today’s toughest problems through honest dialogue, quality deliberation and collaborative action. If this sounds like you or your organization, please join us!
The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation represents a “big tent” under which many approaches and streams of practice in dialogue and deliberation have found much-needed support, ideas, and camaraderie.
We encourage you to scan the rest of this page before joining so you know what to expect.
Ready to join or renew?
- Join as an individual member
- Join as an organizational member
- Already a member? Renew or upgrade here.
How much are membership dues?
Dues range from $0 to $150/year.
Organizations can join NCDD for $150 a year. Individuals are asked to pay annual dues of $50 if they are able to (you will be called a Supporting Member). If you would like to support NCDD at a higher level, you can join as a Sustaining Member for $125/year. We ask our Student Members to contribute $25/year while they are in school full time. However, membership dues for individuals are not required, and NCDD welcomes all who are committed to dialogue and deliberation to join us, whether or not you are able or willing to pay dues.
We especially encourage young people, those from developing countries, and those with lower incomes to take advantage of the opportunity to become a member for free. Members who do not pay dues are gaining access to a great network in the same ways as dues-paying members, though you will not be eligible for some membership benefits that cost NCDD or others money. For example, non-dues members aren’t eligible for registration discounts on NCDD events or for the discounts on educational programs we’ve arranged for supporting members.
What are the benefits of NCDD membership?
By joining NCDD, you are becoming part of an amazing network you can tap into to share resources, get input on ideas, publicize events, obtain advice from seasoned colleagues, and more. In addition, you are:
- Gaining recognition and exposure within the D&D community. You’ll be added to the member map and directory, and members have many opportunities to post information about your resources and events, news about your programs, and commentaries about your experiences.
- You can participate in NCDD events, programs and conference calls that introduce you to the latest innovations in our field and help you get to know more movers-and-shakers in this work.
- You will have opportunities to work with your colleagues to strengthen and unite the dialogue & deliberation (D&D) community.
- You will have myriad opportunities to network with your peers and develop mutually supportive relationships.
- You will be more aware of news, opportunities, events and resources that can help you be more effective.
What additional benefits do dues-paying NCDD members receive?
- Our supporting members get larger icons on the NCDD member map at www.ncdd.org/map.
- Supporting, Sustaining, Student, and Organizational Members are eligible for all of the discounts our partners are offering on their trainings and courses (listed at www.ncdd.org/discounts). These are some of the best educational programs out there in facilitation, public engagement and conflict resolution. Organizational members can send up to three people to these programs at the discounted rate.
- Dues-paying members also receive discounts on registration to NCDD’s events.
- And other leading groups in our field sometimes extend one-time discounts on their events and trainings to dues-paying members.
- We mention your member type when we feature you on the NCDD site (on the blog, in the directory, on the map, etc.), so your peers can see you’re supporting NCDD.
- Though we generally open up our programs and activities to all members, when there is a need to stay small, we sometimes limit participation to dues-paying members only. As an example, we limited participation in a conference call with a representative from a foundation to dues-paying members only, since we needed to have a manageable number of participants on the call.
- But the most important benefit of becoming a dues-paying member is knowing that you are helping to ensure that NCDD can continue to develop a vibrant, supportive, collaborative community of practice for those who work in the areas of dialogue, deliberation and public engagement — and educate those not in our field about the power and potential of these processes.
Can organizations or individuals from outside the U.S. join the coalition?
Yes! We’re proud of the fact that as of May 2014, NCDD members hailed from 54 countries. We have nearly 300 members from outside of the U.S. Zoom out on the map at www.ncdd.org/map to get a sense of our global membership.
What if I’m already a member and I want to become a dues-paying member?
Cmplete the quick form at www.ncdd.org/renew if you are an NCDD Member (non-dues) and would like to upgrade to a Supporting ($50/year), Sustaining ($125), Student ($25), or Organizational Membership ($150).
What is expected of NCDD members?
By joining NCDD, you or your organization are pledging your commitment to fostering the effective use of dialogue and deliberation, and to helping strengthen and unite the growing dialogue and deliberation community.
Whether or not you contribute dues, you are asked to consider what else you can contribute to NCDD. Can you keep us informed about your work and your learnings by submitting periodic posts for the blog and resource center? Can you get involved in conference planning, or in another working group? Can you help keep our resources updated, or start useful discussions on the NCDD discussion lists?
Membership in NCDD implies collaboration. You are joining a coalition of people and organizations that, collectively, are better able to make a difference in this field of practice, and in the world.
How do I submit payment for membership?
The join forms and renewal form include a choice to pay by check or by credit card via PayPal (if dues are owed). You can also refer to these payment instructions for further details or to submit a payment or donation any time.
Thanks for your interest in NCDD!
- Join now as an individual member (FREE for members; $50 for Supporting Members; $125 for Sustaining Members; $25 for students)
- Join now as an organizational member ($150 annual dues)
- Renew/upgrade your membership