IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation: Best Practices from the Leading Organization in Facilitation
Sponsored by the International Association of Facilitators, The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation offers the need-to-know basics in the field brought together by fifty leading practitioners and scholars. This indispensable resource includes successful strategies and methods, foundations, and resources for anyone who works with groups. The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation provides an overview of the field for new and aspiring practitioners and a reliable reference for experienced group facilitators.
Chapters focus on...
Sandy Schuman, Editor
- Creating positive ongoing client relationships
- Building trust and improving communications
- Facilitating group brainstorming sessions
- Drawing out the best in people
- Developing a collaborative environment
- Designing and facilitating dialogue
- Managing conflicting agendas
- Working with multicultural groups
- Using improvisation
- Understanding virtual meetings
- Facilitating team start-up
- Assessing group decision processes
- Building expertise in facilitation
- Reviewing core facilitation competencies
- Modeling positive professional attitudes
Resource Link: www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-078797160X.html
Available for $75 from Jossey-Bass. Instructors can request evaluation copies.