Open Policy Making 101: 10 Questions To Ask Before Launching Your Online Public Consultation
Open Policy Making 101: 10 Questions To Ask Before Launching Your Online Public Consultation (November 2009) is a list of ten important questions to consider before beginning an online public consultation, published by Joseph Peters, a founding Partner of Ascentum, and Joe Goldman, the Vice President of Citizen Engagement at AmericaSpeaks. The ten questions are listed below; for more details, check out the full document, posted on Ascentum’s website.
- What do you want to know?
- What is your commitment to participants?
- Who needs to participate?
- How hot is the issue?
- What type of contribution are you looking for?
- What type of data will you collect and analyze?
- What are your timelines?
- What resources are available to support the process?
- How can participants stay involved?
- Which online tools should you use?