Open Policy Making 101: 10 Questions To Ask Before Launching Your Online Public Consultation
Open Policy Making 101: 10 Questions To Ask Before Launching Your Online Public Consultation (November 2009) is a list of ten important questions to consider before beginning an online public consultation, published by Joseph Peters, a founding Partner of Ascentum, and Joe Goldman, the Vice President of Citizen Engagement at AmericaSpeaks.
The ten questions are listed below, and for more details, check out the full document, posted on Ascentum’s website.
- What do you want to know?
- What is your commitment to participants?
- Who needs to participate?
- How hot is the issue?
- What type of contribution are you looking for?
- What type of data will you collect and analyze?
- What are your timelines?
- What resources are available to support the process?
- How can participants stay involved?
- Which online tools should you use?
Resource Link: www.ncdd.org/files/rgpe/10-Questions.pdf