Reports from National Issues Forums
The National Issues Forums Institute encourages reporting from all their forums, and produces a variety of reports on NIF forums. As described on the NIFI website, “individuals and groups that convene forums, or series of forums, sometimes submit various kinds of reports about their forums including such things as what happened at the forums, and any outcomes that might have been identified from the deliberations.”
Examples of these reports include…
- Forum on Immigration – Columbia, South Carolina
- Report from a forum on “Money and Politics” – Columbia, South Carolina by Herbert J. Hartsook, Ernest F. Hollings Special Collections Library from March 20, 2012 & Jan. 23, 2012
- Slavery or Freedom Forever – Athens, Georgia by Jill Severn, director of the Russell Forum for Civic Life in Georgia from June 18, 2010
- Immigration, What’s the Problem? – Athens, Georgia by Jan Levinson, coordinator of the Russell Forum for Civic Life from January 15, 2010
- Forum on “Regaining American Prosperity – Grand Rapids, Michigan by Carl Eschels, Cook Valley Estates from 2010
For a full list of reports, visit the resource link below.
More about National Issues Forums and their Reports on the Issues…
The National Issues Forums (NIF) network includes civic, educational, and other organizations, and individuals, whose common interest is to promote public deliberation in America. NIF issue guides introduce participants to several choices or approaches to consider. Rather than conforming to any single public proposal, each choice reflects widely held concerns and principles. Panels of experts review manuscripts to make sure the choices are presented accurately and fairly. Look through all the NIF issue guides and their corresponding moderator guides, DVDs, and other resources at www.nifi.org/issue_books.
Reports are published periodically to communicate the outcomes of forums held across the nation about a particular issue. Making use of participants’ answers to forum questionnaires, reports from moderators, and in-depth studies of selected forums, these reports describe in some detail what happened as people deliberated nationally about the issue at hand. View all NIF Reports on the Issues at www.nifi.org/reports/issues.aspx.
Resource Link: www.nifi.org/reports/forums.aspx