The Power of ‘Co’: The Smart Leaders’ Guide to Collaborative Governance
Are you interested in finding a way of working with diverse stakeholders to co-create enduring solutions to complex issues? This 2012 book is about Collaborative Governance, or the Power of ‘Co’. This book provides real evidence of the benefits of collaboration as well as a theoretical framework on which to build the capacity of organisations and individuals to collaborate more often and more effectively to address dilemmas and find solutions that stick.
Collaborative Governance demands the sharing of both power and trust. It also requires a belief in people and their strengths, clear leadership and inclusive processes. Book authors include Vivien Twyford, John Dengate, Max Hardy, Stuart Waters, and Tania Jones.
Collaborative Governance is, in essence, appreciative, informative, deliberative and iterative.
Read this book if you need help:
- Designing and implementing a project with a complex social, environmental or technical situation.
- Facing a complex or controversial dilemma causing community outrage.
- Collaborating with other organisations to achieve your outcome.
- Building the capacity of leaders and employees to work collaboratively.
What our peers say about it:
A compelling contribution by Twyfords built from their extensive experience and research. The book illuminates a pathway to meaningful and effective collaboration, and is a must-read for those who are facing complex challenges.
– Sandy Heierbacher, Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation, USA
Twyfords’ latest book, The Power of ‘Co’, is practical, interesting, and full of examples which will resonate with readers from a wide range of backgrounds. If you lead or wish to participate in solving complex problems collaboratively then this is a “must read”.
– Professor Liz Farmer, MBBS BSc PhD FRACGP MAICD, Adjunct Professor at University of Adelaide, Professorial Fellow at Flinders University
We are still clinging to a political system more suited to the 19th Century, not the 21st Century. It is time for change. This book helps us on that journey.
– Dr Geoff Fagan, CEO, The CADISPA Trust, United Kingdom
Resource Link: http://www.twyfords.com.au/uploads/twyfords_thepowerofco-$13.00.pdf (order form)