Our Conferences and Events
It’s time to mark your calendars for the highly anticipated 2016 National Conference on Dialogue & Deliberation! Our next national conference will take place in the Boston metro area this October 14-16 — and we can’t wait to see you.
- Registration is up and running at www.ncdd2016.eventbrite.com. Make sure you reserve your spot now!
- Consider sponsoring NCDD 2016: Bridging Our Divides and showing your leadership in and commitment to public engagement and innovative community problem solving to leaders and emerging leaders in our rapidly growing field. More about sponsorship.
- If you missed the deadline for session proposals but have a great idea for a workshop, be sure to look over our post about what we’re looking for and submit your application as soon as possible!
- Get the NCDD group rate of $165/night at the Sheraton by booking your rooms through this link.
- Check out our FAQs page for answers to all of your questions about the conference.
“Confab Call” Series
NCDD’s popular “Confab calls” are opportunities for members of the NCDD community to connect with each other, hear about exciting projects in our field, and explore our field’s most pressing challenges. Our confabs feature some of our community’s most exciting leaders, projects and topics. Check out the confab archives to access audio recordings, video recordings and archives of the collaborative docs participants have worked on during past confabs!
Archives for recent Confabs:
April 20th, 2016 – NCDD’s staff provided a tour of the website, and talked about what NCDD offers its members in this intro to NCDD’s website. www.ncdd.org/20444
March 23, 2016 -We featured the Participatory Budgeting Project with guests David Beasley from PBP and Allison Rizzolo from Public Agenda – www.ncdd.org/20196
October 28, 2015 – Dr. John Gastil discussed the amazing opportunity for organizations in the D&D field to host a bright Penn State fellow through the Nevins Democracy Leaders Program – www.ncdd.org/19269
Access more confab archives at www.ncdd.org/confabs.
“Tech Tuesday” Learning Events
NCDD’s Tech Tuesday series is focused on online technology for engagement. Many in our field are curious about how they can use online tools to support their engagement work, and many tool creators are excited to talk to this community about their innovations.
Archives for recent Tech Tuesdays:
June 2016 – Trusted Sharing – archive at www.ncdd.org/20867
May 2016 – Urban Interactive Studio – archive at www.ncdd.org/20611
February 2016 – Balancing Act – archive at www.ncdd.org/19881
December 2015 – Common Ground for Action – archive at www.ncdd.org/19493
Access more Tech Tuesday archives at www.ncdd.org/tech-tuesdays.
Meet-ups and Other Events
NCDD periodically hosts meet-ups and other events for members of the NCDD Community to come together in their respective regions to network and hear from some of their fellow members.
We have a small budget for helping NCDD members organize local events, so please contact Program Director Courtney Breese at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in leading a local networking event!
One quick example…
April 30, 2015 (San Francisco) – NCDD co-hosted an event with IAP2 NorCal featuring a presentation from NCDD member David Campt on how facilitators are accelerating their practice through audience polling systems. Learn more at www.ncdd.org/17956.